Thursday, May 22, 2014

My HypnoBabies Birth Story


I gave birth to a beautiful red headed little boy on April 13th 2014. This was my first pregnancy and I used HypnoBabies to have a completely natural, drug free birth. I will share my experience in this post. 

I started studying HypnoBabies using the home study course when I was five months pregnant. It is recommended that you start practicing around five months to give yourself plenty of time to absorb the positive affirmations and hypno techniques, however to anyone reading this post I would recommend that you start HypnoBabies as soon as possible... Looking back I wish I had started studying in my first trimester.

I knew from the moment I became pregnant that I wanted a drug free birth. I am terrified of needles and so epidural was not an option for me.. Not only that but I am a very health conscious person and did not want to risk harming myself or my baby with drugs. And let me tell you, I have NEVER been one to handle "pain" well... I'm completely terrified of anything painful, and so a natural childbirth seemed impossible. Everyone told me to go for the epidural.. But I was determined. When I started looking into natural birth videos, I came across HypnoBabies and once I saw how many women used this technique successfully, I knew it was the right path for me.

Now onto my labor and delivery story:
My "guess date" was April 11th. I started experiencing pressure waves around 11 A.M. on the 12th of April. At first they were very gentle and I started listening to my birthing day affirmation cd and was very calm. I even played my electric guitar with my husband to take my mind off of the pressure. My goal was to wait as long as possible before going to the hospital so that my plans for a natural birth would not be interfered with. The pressure waves became more intense and I began listening to hypnobabies scripts and going into deep hypnosis to center myself (still at home). 

My husband and birth partner was amazing and did counter pressure on my back during each pressure wave, which really helped me. At 7 P.M. the pressure waves were so intense and I felt it was time to go to the hospital. When we arrived, I could barely walk to the L&D entrance... I had to lean on my husband for support. When we arrived, I signed in and was taken to my room. Here we are around 7:30 P.M. and the nurse was taking me through hospital paperwork ... Not something I wanted to do at that moment! I sucked on a sour jolly rancher lollipop because someone told me this helps during labor... It wasn't helpful, lol!

Throughout my entire labor, which lasted 19 hours, my husband was by my side the entire time doing counter pressure, repeating hypnobabies scripts, massaging, and being there to support me. He is truly an amazing man and this experience brought us closer together!

My water had not yet broken and by 10 P.M. I was so ready to get the show on the road... I continued to listen to my hypnobabies scripts and stay in my bubble of peace. The Doctor broke my water around 11 P.M. But I was not ready to push.  

I began involuntarily pushing very shortly after my water broke, which by the way felt incredible! My body knew exactly what to do and I did not need to force pushing, my body was doing it on it's own. I pushed for over four hours apparently, but later when my husband asked me how long it felt, I told him I thought I was pushing for an hour. 

I did not experience a pain free birth with HypnoBabies, and I was very LOUD, but I was able to stay deeply in hypnosis and using my hypno anesthesia the entire time, I gave birth successfully without any medication at 4:30 AM on April 13th. Our son was 8lbs and 2oz... I felt like superwoman! 

If I could describe the feeling of contractions and pushing, I would describe it as menstrual cramps and diarrhea only 100x more intense! Yes, it was intense and the hardest thing I've ever done, but without HypnoBabies, I do not think I would have been able to cope. HypnoBabies gave me great tools that helped me during my birthing time and beyond. 

I highly recommend HypnoBabies to any mommy who desires a natural birth. You CAN do this! We were made to give birth without drugs. Empower yourself with HypnoBabies. Good Luck mamas!








No comments:

Post a Comment